Detoxing can definitely do more than just a glow in the skin or sparkling of eyes, it can improve energy levels, develop the digestion process and also help in reducing some weight.
How to begin:
Maintain a diary and take a week off your busy schedule. Let weddings and other function meals not affect you. Initially a few people may have headache or may nauseate but there is nothing to worry about as that happens due to immediate change in diet. These symptoms fade away in some time.
Foods that should be avoided:
- Alcohol and intake of Cigarettes
- Products of milk
- Sugar, honey
- Various types of Grains like wheat, barley
Foods to be taken:
- All kinds of fresh fruits and vegetables
- Intake of fish
- Red meat and Legumes
- Olive oil and Coconut oil
- Green tea, white tea
- Plenty of water
- One should start the day with plenty of water and then breakfast may include Porridge with water and topping may include banana, raisins or for a sweeter taste honey can be added.
- Exercisefor at least an hour daily. You can also go for yoga and several stretching exercises.
- Eat as much raw foods as possible. Raw foods are rich in nutrients. Try eating more of salads on a daily basis.
- Detox your mind- try to be stress free. Meditate for 15 minutes per day and concentrate on exercises which involve breathing.
- Drink plenty of water and juice of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Brushing the body daily is required. This will help in proper circulation and also increases skin detoxification. Brush your body first and then go for a shower.One minute bath in cold water also helps in circulation.
- Aim at chewingeach and everyfood properly.
7 day detox diet:
Note: Do not detox in case of pregnancy, breastfeeding, with excess blood pressure, and if underweight.